Lemon Bars using Tiptree Lemon Curd
Tiptree Lemon Curd is an all natural fruit curd made from fresh egg yolks (each egg individually broken with the yolk separated from the white), dairy butter and lemons from Sicily (the best and most flavorful lemons found in the world). This spread is most commonly used in desserts or on breakfast pastries. Lemon Bars are our favorite way of using Lemon Curd, not to mention it is one of the easiest desserts to make with a jar of Lemon Curd!
How to make the Lemon Bars
Ingredients you’ll need:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup Tiptree Lemon Curd
- Optional: additional powdered sugar for dusting
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease or line an 8x8-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the all-purpose flour and powdered sugar. Cut in the softened butter using a fork until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking dish to form the crust.
4. Bake the crust in the preheated oven for about 15-18 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
5. Remove the crust from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
6. Spread the lemon curd evenly over the baked crust.
7. Return the dish to the oven and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden and the lemon curd is set.
8. Remove the lemon bars from the oven and allow them to cool completely in the baking dish. Once cooled, you can dust the top with powdered sugar, if desired. Cut into squares or bars.
Serve and enjoy! These lemon bars can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a few days.
products are made without artificial preservatives or GMOs. Tiptree has
been creating scrumptious jams and preserves for over 100 years in
small-batch copper kettles, so you can rest assured you are receiving
the highest quality possible.